Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013 - The First Email From Miranda in the MTC!

July 3, 2013

Miranda on her way to the airport to fly to SLC where her Uncle Scott and Aunt Brandee's Family picked her up and took her to lunch, the Provo Temple and then on to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah.





Dear Family!
       Hey how is everyone doing??? I am doing awesome!! I love it here at the MTC, it is such a great place! Sorry it has taken me so long to email, my P-Day is on Thursday and I can only write letters on P-Day. So while in the MTC for a week I have learned so much and I have had the opportunity to feel the spirit every day which is amazing! I hope you guys aren't too sad that I'm here because I am enjoying every minute. My companion's name is Sis. Mortensen and she is from a small town in Nevada 90 miles north of Las Vegas! She is so sweet and so much fun. I have had the opportunity to learn from her so much. In my district we also have another set of sister missionaries and they are great! All four of us get along so well! The other sisters are Sis. Blair and Sis. Platt. So the Elders in my district are almost all 18 years old who just graduated! It is crazy to think they are out here serving missions already and their comments suprise me everyday. They are all strong in the gospel and I learn so much from everyone. So my teacher's names are Sis. Butters and Bro. Anderson! They are both pretty great people! I love to learn from them. We are in a classroom 6 hours a day learning and we also have other meetings to attend too! The MTC is awesome, but I was tired of it after like the 3rd day. It takes so much energy from you, but I love it nontheless. The only time you really get to stop and think is when you are eating! HAHA! The food here isn't too bad but I've had better and they always feed us desert, the cookies are delicious! :) So I have been able to teach 3 different investigators. The one I teach most often is Katherine. She is 18 and her brother joined the church a few months ago. I love teaching her she is amazing! So the first day we taught was on the first Friday! It was insane but totally amazing. I also had the chance to teach Barbra and she is just the sweetest lady from Jersey! Her friend refered us to her! Okay and lastly I got the chance to teach Lawanna! This was the best teaching experience I have ever had. So we went to there and we got to know her. The we had the feeling we should teach her God is Our Loving Heavenly Father. It was crazy the spirit was so strong!! Also we found out that her cousin was murded and she was so sad and it was just so sad. During this lesson I felt so much love for this woman it was amazing. I could honestly feel Chirst's love for her and how much He wanted her back! I bore my testimony of the love of Christ and I started to get teary eyed! I will never forget that feeling I felt while I was teaching her. The thing is though these aren't even real investigators. It is crazy that H.F helps us to learn from these experiences. He knows what these people need to hear even if they are already members. I just love it!! I have learned so much on teaching and helping others and I can't wait to learn more.
    So the fourth of July we did get to watch the fireworks, but Sis. Mortensen and I were so tired we went to bed actually! HaHa! They drain you while you are here!!! A teacher said that the MTC is like drinking from a firehose, which is so true! I am so happy that H.F called me on a mission and that I have the opportunity to share the gospel with so many people! I love it!!! My testimony has grown so much here and especially on how H.F knows each of us! H.F is just waiting for us to ask for help! while here we have talked about the story of Peter walking on water and how Christ was there right as Peter called his name while sinking into the ocean. Christ is there just waiting ready to give you his hand you just need to call for Him! Isn't that just amazing, I love it!!! Also I love Jospeh Smith he is amazing! I am so grateful for him!
     Well I am going to write you guys today! Hillary I am going to finish your letter up also! And I worte a family letter and sent it earlier this week I think... I hope you got it! Well I only have a few minutes left so I must be going! I love you all and I will write a letter!!!!!
Love Always,

Sis. Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment