Monday, July 29, 2013

I'M A MICHIGANARY....

Sister Hess, Sister Miranda Smith & President Hess
 Sister Miranda Smith and Sister Hunt

President & Sister Hess with some of the Lansing Mission Missionaries 


Hey Everyone!
So I am serving in Mount Pleasant! It is a little town and it is just so cute and so country looking! The ward here is awesome and are so willing to help us out! Sis. Hunt is my trainer and she has been out for 6 months and I'm like her 3rd trainee. She is so nice, but wants to work hard which is fantastic cause I want to work hard too!! So we were actually white washed! This area hasn't been open to sisters for 6 months to a year so I feel very privileged to be here! My apartment is nice and we actually live across the street from the Zone Leaders so we feel really safe and looked after! So the plane ride was great we had lots of fun flying with almost all my district! We then went to the mission home and we met Pres. Hess and Sis. Hess. They are the sweetest people ever!! I have a very exact obedient mission president which is actually what I wanted so I'm very excited about that! The mission home is so cute and homey! So the first day we got there we went contacting on MSU campus which I loved!! I like that better than door knocking for sure! I hope I can serve on a campus at some point! The next day we went and I met my trainer Sis. Hunt! Everyone said she is a great missionary and it is true she really is! The assistants said we'd be a great companionship! On the first day in Mt. Pleasant we visited less actives well none were home so we went door knocking! We came across Marsha who is awesome! We love her so much! She is our investigator now! Umm... I don't have too much time so I have to finish soon! We have been door knocking everyday which I actually really enjoy you meet tons of people and your faith totally grows! We really hope we can get investigators from this. Them members have already given us referrals which is great!!!! We love referrals! Also there is a lady in the ward who lives on a farm and she grows her own food and everything is fresh! She feeds the missionaries once a week!!!! She also gave um homemade jam and syrup and other homemade goods!!! Yummy!!!
I seriously love it here!!!! There is no place I would rather be than here serving the Lord!! I know this is what I supposed to do! I have already learned so many amazing things and the Lord truly knows each of us! Also I have a challenge for you all! Say family prayer! Prayer is the first step to coming closer to God! He wants to hear us so bad because He loves us so much! I pray like 20 times a day and you really need it! He has done so much for us! Please try and I promise you will notice a difference in your life!!! Okay so my address is Sis. Miranda Smith 1617 Flynn Ln Mt. Pleasant 48858!!! Send Letters!!! I love you all so much!!! Keep working hard and coming closer to Christ!!!
Love Always,
Sis. Smith
Sister Smith & Sister Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment