Monday, September 9, 2013

It's all in God's time!

Hey!!! How is everyone in good ole AZ doing? Well and everyone everywhere else? I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying your lives.
Hummm..... This week has been totally awesome!!!!! I love missionary work!!! Boo Ya!! So on Monday Sister Hunt and I got to play basketball and well let me tell ya we are the bee's knees! Together we pretty much make the best NBA team ever! Our team's name is the cookie monsters and my name is Snicker Doodle (Snickers for short). Sis. Hunt is BP. We take every moment to enjoy life! Tuesday was our first day PCing (personal contacting) on campus! Holy Cow that was super frustrating. I could not open my mouth. It is really hard to stop someone dead in their tracks to talk to them, but hey we have like the greatest message ever so why not, but still very difficult. The students are a lot more receptive then doors though so that is pretty nice. Actually the first person we contacted is named Creed Blankenship and we set a return appointment with him the next day so that was pretty sweet! Also we had the BEST rain storm ever!!!!!! So after a quick lesson with Andrew Surma we went outside and seriously it was raining buckets!!! So it was like 10 minutes till 9 which is our curfew so we had to go. Funny thing though; Sis. Hunt and I don't have a parking pass for campus! We pretty much have to park about a 1/4 to 1/2 a mile to get to our car! It was raining so hard we couldn't see very far in front of us, but we had to be home by 9! We walked outside and instantly we were soaked. We decided to run to our car. Finally after not being able to see we made it to our car!!! Now we had to drive home, which is another challenge. The streets were like already starting to flood! It was pretty awesome and scary. We prayed like the whole way home. We made it safely though. As soon as we got home we went and stood in our bath tub soaking wet!! The Elders got caught also and they had to borrow our mop because their shoes tracked in so much water. It is an awesome memory!!!! so Wednesday we had a lesson with Creed and it went awesome! At the end we challenged him to be baptized and he said YES!! He has the date to be baptized on September 21st! We really believe he'll be ready! Thursday we had an awesome question and answer thing with a guy named Kyle and his friends! The spirit was so strong. It was especially strong when the first vision was recited! I love reciting that, I feel the spirit work through me more then than any other time! It is fantastic cause you know that the spirit witnesses of truth so you know Joseph Smith was a prophet every single time you say it!!! I love it! Friday, I got to can peaches which is pretty sweet! I now know how to take off the skin of a peach, Woo-Hoo!! On Saturday Sis. Hunt and I had so much fun together!!! We were laughing all the time and it was just awesome! Sis. Hunt actually sang a song to me and it reminded me so much of mom! We were out contacting Less Active members and well not many were home which is very sad, but hey well find them! Keep staying positive right! Fast and Testimony meeting was great! I love those and Robert was able to come to church well he comes every week, but still. Elder Webb bore his testimony and it was awesome, it was his last Fast and Testimony meeting on his mission. There were just so many great testimonies born! We also got to teach the beehives! These young women are amazing! They are such examples to me and I admire who they are! 
   So this week my testimony of  patience has grown. It is so hard to be patient. After weeks of working I feel that we are finally able to start seeing the fruits of our works. I have also been able to finally see the progress that I have been able to make. As a missionary I ask for help a lot, and a lot of the time I expect that help to be given right then and there. I've really had to learn to rely on God's timing and not mine. It is line upon line, precept upon precept. I still struggle with it, but I know as we do have patience and have faith that God with help us with our righteous desires.
   I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! Remember who you are and what you stand for!
Love Always,
Sister Miranda Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment