Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Getting Colder!!!!!

Hey Family and Friends!!!!
    I hope all is well with everyone. So this week has been a little crazy! Sister Hunt and I have been going on trade offs like mad women! We were apart 4 nights this week! Which is a bummer when you have an awesome companion like Sister Hunt! I've learned a lot though so it's okay. This week has been pretty cold! Today it is like 50 degrees!! It's turning into FALL!!!! Woo-Hoo!! 
So last Monday Sister Hunt and I went to Goodwill and found the best cookie jar ever! Sister Hunt and I thought it would be a wonderful gift to give the Elders because they like cookies. So we made them Chocolate Chip pumpkin cookies and we gave them like 24 and filled their cookie jar up! Haha! we also gave them chicken squares! It's hard though when you cook for Elder Webb cause his dad is a chef so you're always hoping that your food doesn't taste gross. Our cookies and chicken squares were approved! Woo-Hoo! HAHA! so Tuesday, I was in Midland on trade offs. It was so weird being in a different area! Funny story a dog followed us the entire time we were door knocking and it came up to every door with us! It was pretty crazy if you ask me! On Wednesday we did trade backs in the morning and had to make it back in time for District Meeting! I love my district they are awesome! I enjoy spending time with them and learning how to be a better missionary from them and the spirit! On Thursday sister Hunt and I taught a lesson with a member named Devin Brenann and he was baptized a little over a week ago. He is awesome!!! He is 20 and is planning on going on a mission! He will be an amazing missionary and I'm so glad we go to talk with him and have him at our lesson! Friday, I was on trade offs with Sister Kane! She is the other Sister Training Leader! We went to get the delicious bread we had last time and it is still delicious! Saturday we did early morning trade backs and that was a little frustrating, early morning trade backs are not very fun, but I did get Sister Hunt back so it's always a plus! We were also able to do service for a less-active member which is awesome! We love service!!!!!!! Sunday we went to church and Robert was there!!!! Yeah!!!!! We love Robert!!! We are hoping to set a baptismal date with him today!! We are excited to see what happens!!!
So my spiritual thought is going to be about faith! so I'm reading in Alma which has a lot of wars between the Nephites and the Lamanites. The Nephites always defeat the Lamanites when they  look towards their God and have faith that He will deliver them from the hands of the Lamanites! As we put our faith in God and turn to him not just when we need him, but always, he will help us especially when we are going through trials. Alma 32 and Ether 12 are great chapters on faith and I would challenge you to read at least one of these chapters this week! I have a testimony of faith and how having faith in our Savior Jesus Christ can help us through our trials and we can receive strength to over come them. There is a quote that I enjoy very much "God will either lighten our load or strengthen our backs." I love you all very much and hope that you enjoy the rest of your week!!
Love Always,

Sister Miranda Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment