Monday, August 19, 2013

Everyday is a new Day!

Hey family and friends,
    How is everyone doing?? I hope all is well with everyone and everyone is enjoying their lives! I hear that it is pretty hot out there is good old AZ! It is a nice like 85 degrees here with some wind. It is super nice actually.
   Well this week has been pretty awesome. This week I actually went on trade off with the Sister Training Leader! She is awesome. Her name is Sis. Kane and I love her. One thing about a mission you really learn to love people so that's why I say love a lot. She and I ate at the place called The Italian Oven and boy did it have fantastic bread!!! Together we ate 3 loaves don't worry though I worked out the next day! Haha!! On Wednesday we had a wonderful, amazing zone conference. I learned so much it was awesome!!! We learned how to plan and how to work with ward members. The elder who is serving in Mesquite ward is right (his name slipped my mind) Member really are the most important. Missionaries leave members stay. Speaking of leaving transfers are coming up, but I should be staying because of training, but that means Elder Webb might be leaving which is a bummer because Sis. Hunt, Elder Hamlin, Elder Webb and I have good relationships with one another and we have good unity. But if he leaves it is for a good reason. This week Sis. Hunt and I have been blessed with talking with Less Active members which is totally awesome. There are so many Less Active people in the ward so when we get a hold of one and set an appointment we get so excited!!! On a mission the days really start to blurr.... I'm not exactly sure what happened on Friday, but I bet it was awesome! So Saturday we talked with the elders and ward mission leader about getting the ward excited about missionary work which is actually a lot harder than it sounds. We really want to get involved with the members because that is really where the work starts. MEMBERS ARE EVERYTHING! True statement. Oh also I got to do a bit of canning at Sister Lori Martins house and I get the opportunity to do more service which is always wonderful!! So on Sunday Robert came to church!!! Woo-Hoo second time! He is so awesome! I love teaching him with Sis. Hunt. We are so happy we knocked into him! See door knocking isn't all that bad! He is really moving forward and we tried to set a baptism date with him, but he just wants to be really dedicated to the church and make sure he sticks with it, which is really good. We're hoping it won't take too long. Also I gave a talk on Sunday on gratitude. It was my first bullet point talk and I'd say it went pretty well.
   So I want to talk to you about gratitude. There are 4 ways we can show gratitude for what we have been given. 1) Acknowledge God's hands in all things 2) Thanking him for all that he gives you 3) Keeping His commandments 4) Serving others     I really enjoyed giving a talk on gratitude because I realized how blessed I am and how much I need to thank Heavenly Father for. There is always something to be grateful for. I would like to give you a challenge. (missionaries love giving challenges) Will you commit to saying a gratitude prayer, which means saying a prayer where you only give thanks to god. It really helps you realize how much you have and how blessed your life is. I know that as you do this you will be happier and will want to share those blessings with others.
   Well that's about it! I love you all and hope you enjoy your blessed lives because we truly are so blessed! Keep moving forward and also accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, hold on the the affirmative and don't mess with mister in between. (song I learned in Zone Conference )
Love Always,
Sister Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment