Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Hey Everyone!!!
   I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and got to spend time with family and loved ones! I was really cool to spend Christmas at someones home other than my family because I was able to see the different traditions that the families have. I love that we have ward families wherever we go cause it makes Christmas as a missionary a lot better. 
So this week was pretty sweet!!!
Monday: Okay super funny story! Sister Whipple and I were door knocking in an apartment complex and this woman would not open her door. We pretty much talked to this woman while she was looking at us through the peep hole! Sister Whipple was just so funny cause she just could not handle that the woman wouldn't open her door and there I was having a discussion with a door. It was pretty funny if you ask me. How cool would that conversion story be "Yeah the missionaries came and I talked to them through the door, but I really felt something." I think it would be pretty sweet! 
Tuesday: We had a zone training! We talked a lot about teaching and what it means to be a good teacher. You know something great, when you want to be a teacher and you go on a mission you learn so many things on how to be a good teacher, lucky me! That night we went to the Bishop's home along with like 3 other families in the ward and had dinner! It was pretty funny cause we started working on this like 1000 piece puzzle with some of the people there and well that was just fun getting to know the members better. 
Wednesday: It's Christmas!!! I had breakfast at the Nanny's house and that was so much fun! They gave us our own stockings with our names on them!! It was so much fun!!! Oh yeah I almost forgot, I got to talk with my family!!!! That was so great!!! I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did. Something that I really enjoyed was seeing how happy Sister Whipple was when she talked with her family. It was really a neat experience. We also ate dinner at a member's house and that was great! We played this game called Wackee Six and also Spot it! They were super fun and that family is just so awesome! 
Thursday: Something that we run into a lot are no soliciting signs and there was a whole neighborhood that was no soliciting and we sadly got kicked out even though we are technically not solicitors. Lameness...
Friday: Oh my goodness this day was just crazy! Sister Whipple and I were door knocking this street and no one was receptive! It was like the scripture Alma 26: 27. Shortly we found a man named Tom and he is looking for more purpose in life! We are hoping to meet with him soon! 
Saturday: We met this man named Courtney and he is awesome! He is really into his baptist church though but! he is willing to read the Book of Mormon which like never happens! He read some of 3 Nephi 11 with us on the door step and the spirit was so strong! 
Sunday: We had this really fun Family Home Evening with a family we door knocked into like 3 months ago! It was so great! I don't know exactly how interested they are, but their kids want to come to activities and they also said they would come to church!! It was pretty great and I now have even more of a love for FHE!!!!! Families are Forever!! :D 
Oh yeah by the way I am not being transfer and I am staying with Sister Whipple. Nothing is really changing, well everyone else is changing in our district, but us. Also Sister Hunt is still my Sister Training Leader. :D 
So for my spiritual thought I would love you all to read either Matthew 5:14-16 or Moroni 10: 3-5! They are both great oh and 2 Nephi 25: 26!!! These are all great scriptures and help me a lot when teaching and knocking on doors!! 
Also something really cool that I did on Christmas was make a goal to do something for Christ. It is a little twist on a New Years resolution, it is what are you going to give Christ this year. It was really great because it helped me look at where I am now and where I want to be at the end of next year spiritually. I recommend that you all take the time to do this and write it down and keep it some where where you can see it! 
I love you all!!
Love Always, 

Sister Miranda Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment