Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!!!!

Hey Hey Hey!!!!!
   I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their 3 day weekend!! I feel like this week has been a pretty long week which is not usual. The weeks on the mission usually go pretty fast, but for some reason this week just seemed a bit longer than the others.
Monday- We accomplished everything that we needed to do and I still had time to play with a tennis ball in the apartment which is quite relaxing if you ask me.
Tuesday- Elder Holland, Hallstrom and Dunagan came to our mission to speak to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know crazy right! It was actually really neat! Elder Holland  is a funny man. We all got to shake their hands and it was amazing! You could feel the power of the spirit as you walked up to them and then they look into your eyes and pretty much stare into your soul. They said that all of us are doing great! I think like the best thing that happened was that Elder Holland like yelled, but not... just like how he gets a stern voice in conference and points a finger, yeah he did that to us! It was amazing though because I felt so much peace and was just so happy and excited! Nothing could bring us down that day!
Wednesday- We had dinner with a professional basketball player! She is the daughter of someone in the mission presidency! Her last name is Rasmussen and she played for Phoenix Mercury! How cool is that!!!!
Thursday- While on my mission I have learned a lot about family history and I am so excited to go home and to do it for my own family and take family names to the temple.
Friday- The ward had a picnic!! I love picnics!!! I love the Williamston ward as well! I really have learned that wherever you go you will always have a family there to love you and watch over you! It is such a blessing to know that!
Saturday- We went door knocking and that is about it.... We love door knocking!!!!!
Sunday- I love the sacrament and that is all I have to say about that!
Spiritual Thought- Today in studies I was reading in 2 Nephi 4 and two scriptures really stuck out to me, verses 20-21. I will tell you about verse 21. It states "He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh." When I first read that I thought of the definition "to absorb the attention of", but as I looked a bit deeper into it something else caught to my eye. The word "flesh" stuck out to me. It could have been something else like soul but Nephi chose flesh. It made me think of Mosiah 3:19 "the natural man is an enemy to God" The natural man is flesh or our body. Another definition for consume is "to do away completely". I then thought of how the love of God can and will help us to "do away with completely" our natural man that we may not be subject to the flesh! I know that the love of God can help us overcome the natural man and that our spirits may have power over our bodies. I love this gospel and I know that it is true! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love Always,
Sister Smith 

P.S quote from Elder Holland "I've got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!"


No comments:

Post a Comment