Monday, September 8, 2014

It's a Struggle!

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!
   Let me explain my title. This week has been great, but a lot of things have just not gone as planned so whenever that happens I have taken on the habit to say, "It's a struggle." Don't worry it really isn't because that is just how missionary life is, you can ask any RM and they'll tell you that the day never goes as planned, but it usually almost always ends up better then you planned it! This week has been fun so here it is!
Monday: It rained buckets!!!!!! We couldn't really keep moving to our new apartment so we decided that we would go door knocking instead. We met a man named Jason who is very kind, but didn't really want to learn. We started talking about the Book of Mormon and asked if he'd like to read it and he said sure! He reads a 1000 page book in like 3 days so the Book of Mormon shouldn't be too hard. We're following up with him this week!
Tuesday: We had interviews with President Jacobsen! He's great! It wasn't very long though.... he told me that I had to finish the race strong and that I was on my final lap in a 1600 meter race. It really hope that I can continue to finish strong! With the Lord all things are possible!
Wednesday: Oh man! We moved a ton this day! We had to get moved out so we moved and then cleaned. It was a busy day. We did however have a lesson with a woman named Carol. She talked about the differences between our faiths and she asked us a lot of questions which was great! We were able to testify of the Book of Mormon and by the end the spirit had touched her heart and she was willing to read the Book of Mormon! It was wonderful!
Thursday: We biked...... I don't like bikes... haha! I think I'd like them more if I was more fit to ride a bike oh and my skirt kept getting caught in my tire that made it a little bit more difficult to continue riding sometimes... Lets just say that the next day.... we walked.
Friday: We enjoyed a really nice dinner get together with some members of the ward! It was a really great opportunity to get to know multiple members but still be able to spend more time with them. We had this dinner at a home like 30 minutes away and the members that we rode with are great! They have 3 little girls and we sang primary songs together! I love primary songs! They are so powerful and they teach the gospel so simply it is amazing!
Saturday: We had a great opportunity to go to a birthday party for dinner and there was a lot of people there who were less-active and non-members! It was good to be able to talk with people and to get to know them and what we could to do help them out! I didn't know that birthday parties were great finding opportunities! Invite the missionaries to your birthday parties!
Sunday: I can't get enough of church!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! I'm telling ya, if you want true happiness attending church and following the commandments is where you'll find it! We also had a lesson with Albert at the Cobb's home which was great! Having members at lessons as well as in their homes is truly the way missionary work should be done. Having investigators make friends is amazing! Ward members are crucial to missionary work!
Spiritual Thought: This morning in companionship study Sister Jordan asked me the question, "How have you seen people's hearts change over your mission?" That was a great question and I had to think about it for a moment. I have been able to see many hearts change over my mission, but after pondering for a minute I realized that the heart that has been softened and changed the most was my own. It made me realize how much the Lord has been working on my heart as I have been serving His children. It is true when it says "when you lose yourself in the work of the Lord you will find yourself." I know that is true with all my heart. As we put the Lord and His children first we too will be rewarded by being shaped and molded into the people that God wants us to become. I have been able to see my desires change as well as my actions and thoughts. I have become more like my Savior. I still have a long way to go, but I am grateful to have had chance to lose myself in His work and I desire to continue His work. I know that whatever part of the Lord's work that we are doing, as we lose ourselves is service to our fellowmen that we will be blessed more then we can imagine and through the Lord's atonement we can be shaped and molded into the children of God that we are and we will be able to see more clearly our potential and the potential of our brothers and sisters. In the name of Jesus the Christ, amen.
Love Always,

Sister Smith

Bay City District

Elder Aiken being Funny

I Love Being a Missionary!

Moving is just not my Thing... Let's go teach!

Rainy Day in our New Apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment