Monday, September 8, 2014

Mission Life All the Way!!!!

Greetings from Michigan!
   This week has been another wonderful week in the lovely Bay City area! We are super excited about life and about sharing the gospel! Today in companionship study we got a little crazy and well lets just say the gospel truly is an exciting thing to talk about especially when your companion loves it as well!!! We've had a lot of laughs this week and we are looking forward to more! 
Monday: It was a holiday! I wrote a ton of letters. I'm sorry if you are reading this and did not receive a letter. I promise that if you write me a letter that I will write you back in a timely manner and I will put colorful decorative stickers on it as well! Who doesn't want a sweet sticker covered letter from their Michiganary. Haha! :D
Tuesday: The highlights of the day are as follows: We weeded an investigators garden which is great except for the fact that I got hives all on my arm.... the elements are out to get me this transfer! First I passed out, then mangos try to kill me, oh wait you didn't hear that story..... haha! Anyways they went away by the end of the night. We also had a lesson with our investigator Patty! She is the one that we met that the members moving sale! She is so sweet and what was great is that we brought members to her lesson and they got along great! It was wonderful! Members truly are everything in missionary work, I love it!
Wednesday: We had a lesson with the Guiths and they are great! We watched the restoration video and they liked it! We really hope that they will soon more progress towards baptism. If you could keep them in your prayers that would be great!
Thursday: We did a service activity for the city called Food of Faith and it is where you make food and serve it to those in need. It went really well and the Guiths came too! Misty brought like 200 muffins and the crazy part is that the members of the ward thought we weren't going to have enough. Two of the members said a prayer and in walks Misty with like 200 muffins! It was awesome!!!! We have seen so many miracles this last transfer in Bay City it is amazing!
Friday: We had transfer calls and it was so funny because I completely forgot that it was that day. We had moved weekly planning to Friday but I really forgot! The phone started to right and I thought who is calling so early and then I saw that it was the Zone Leaders and I was like "Oh yeah, I totally forgot it is transfer call day!!" My mind has been so busy with the work here in Bay City I have no time to think about anything else which is great! Oh yeah so I'm staying in Bay City with Sister Jordan to finish out here training! We are excited to see more miracles take place in Bay City. The spiritual flood gates are going to be opened here pretty soon!!!
Saturday: We had a baptism in Bay City! It was for the elder's investigator Nicole. It was a great baptism. After the baptism the missionaries were talking with Bishop Peless and Bro. Cobb our ward mission leader and they were telling us about this event that we're having at the end of this month called the River of Time. They have reenactments of wars throughout history and the Mormon Battalion will be in it and as missionaries we get to take part in it and we get to dress up and tell people about it!!! How totally wicked is that!!! Bay City is awesome they have so many neat little well actually big festivals and it is a great way to share the gospel!! We're all pretty excited about it, because people come from all over the state to see it!!!
Sunday: Basically everything was on missionary work! It was great! A lot of the testimonies born were on missionary work, in gospel principles the lesson was on missionary work and in relief society it was on member missionary work! Can you say Boo-ya!!!! Missionary work is only one of the best topics to talk about!!! Members truly are so amazing and we need them so much to help the work move forward. Members are everything!
Spiritual Thought: I want to bare my testimony on how much this gospel can bring joy into your life. "Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." ~Alma 36:21~ Alma because of his wickedness was in the most bitterness of pain but because he called upon his Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement Alma was able to be released from those pains and feel the joy that comes from the redeeming power of the atonement. I have felt the bitterness of not following the commandments of God and I have felt the atonement of my Savior work within me so that I can feel the joy that comes from the gospel. There is nothing in this life that has ever brought me so much joy as the gospel has. The world we live in makes it hard for us to realize where true, eternal joy comes from, they make us think that it is found in money or other worldly possessions that we have. I know with all my heart that those worldly things are not where true happiness lays, but that it is in living the gospel of Jesus Christ every single day of our lives. It is found in using the Atonement of Jesus Christ everyday to become a better servant of the Lord. It is found in serving our fellowman, attending the temple regularly, reading the scriptures and praying daily and sharing the gospel with our brothers and sisters. This is where true joy lies! I invite you all to come unto Christ and partake of this eternal joy for there is "nothing so exquisite and sweet" as this joy! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week and that you may feel that joy of living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Love Always,

Sister Smith
Albert's Baptism!


No comments:

Post a Comment