Monday, December 29, 2014

And so it begins.....

Hey Family and Friends!!! 
And so it begins..... hats, boots, gloves, layers, Christmas carols, snow ball fights and.... come back after the holidays..... :D 
The struggle is real during the holiday season! Everyone gets really busy with all this holiday stuff when really all we want to do is share a wonderful message about Jesus Christ! Luckily we are part of this thing that they church is doing called He is the Gift! We get to pass out cards and talk about this which is wonderful because so many people here in Midland love Christ so we are going to try to help them receive the fullness of his gospel in that way!! YEAH!!!!! 
Monday: We had dinner with the Jenkins and that was super fun! They have a ton of little kids and I kind of forgot what it was like to have so many kids running around a house and being well like a family! I love the chance that I get as a missionary to be in a home with families from our ward and learn from them and see how to have a gospel centered family! Members are so wonderful. Remember how much the missionaries look up to you and all that you do! 
Tuesday: Oh man we had an amazing one-third mission event! The spirit was so strong and I just loved it so much!!! I learned a ton too! We learned to practice teach better so that we could improve our finding. We also learned how to plan lessons more effectively. We talked a lot about what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and how it is important that we represent our Savior in everything that we do! I am so blessed to be surrounded by great missionaries who desire to serve the Lord and who are doing all that they can to become better people. I love getting together in large groups of missionaries. Oh also we sang the song "Because I have been Given Much" but we added a verse to it that goes....
Because of thy life's mission Lord I too will serve
I'll leave the comfort of my home to teach thy word
I'll seek thy sheep who've gone astray and those who've never known the way
I'll make thy work my work today
It brought the the spirit so strongly and I know that missionary work is part of God's plan to help all of us come unto Christ! 
Wednesday: Oh man a lot of our lessons cancelled on us and that was a bummer because it was kind of cold and snowy... We also went to check on someone in our area book and oh man they think that we are confused and that we are on the wrong path. Not gonna lie when those things happen I love the opportunity I get to testify of the truth and of Joseph Smith as a prophet of God. I know that this gospel is true, this is Christ's church on the earth today. 
Thursday: We helped one of our investigators put of their Christmas lights and boy was it cold!!! The sun was out luckily but that wind went straight to the bone for sure! We have a lot of fun setting up lights and enjoying time getting to know Sister McCormick better. She is so sweet and we just want her to be baptized! 
Friday: We walked into an interesting man.... I'm not exactly sure how to describe him.We were talking and he said that he was too busy to talk to us. I told my that busy meant B: Being U: under S: satan's Y: yield. He laughed at it and said it wasn't true but I think it totally is.  He was kind to us but just kept saying that we were wasting our time talking to him. I've decided that when you're sharing the gospel to someone who is still talking to you your time is never wasted. I just do my best to keep talking to them. People are so funny and great! 
Saturday: I GOT TO WALK IN A PARADE!!!! My mission has given my so many awesome opportunities!!! I love it!!! We got to walk in the Santa Parade and it was super kind of cold but it was so fun! We passed out flyers for the Midland Nativity Exhibit and we passed out candy! It was seriously so fun and we just smiled and waved and well spread Christmas cheer! It was so wonderful! 
Sunday: We met a former investigator and it was great! She wasn't really interested in learning more but she loves the standards that the church has set. We talked to her about the For Strength of Youth and Personal Progress and how it helps us to become better mothers and fathers and that really interested her. We're hoping that that will spike her interest again. Whatever way the gospel helps! ;D 
Spiritual Thought: In Alma 49 in verse 3 it says "Behold, I said that the city of Ammonihah had been rebuilt. I say unto you, yea, that it was in part rebuilt; and because the Lamanites had destroyed it once because of the iniquity of the people, they supposed that it would again become an easy prey for them." This made me think about how when we make mistakes we can be rebuilt through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That damage that has been made because of our past iniquity or the past iniquity of others can and will be repaired through the Atonement. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and that we can be forgiven and healed. I know that we can be rebuilt and become a new city that is fortified against the fiery darts of the adversary. The power of the Atonement is real and it can heal even the deepest wounds. Come unto Christ and be healed through His infinite sacrifice which is there for all of us to partake of every single day of our lives. The debt has already been paid, it is our choice to accept it or not.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
Love Always, 

Sister Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment